Sunday, October 4, 2009

Sunday Sunday Sunday

Well, the heathens didn't make church today. I love our church. I don't know what our particular problem was today. laziness comes to mind. Fortunately, our God is a forgiving God that knows I am a sinner, yet loves me anyway.

Oblige me a rant about something that has been burning me up. And sadly, it always has been this way. The University of Alabama Crimson Tide. SO. TIRED. OF. THE. OVER-HYPE. Seriously. The media won't shut up about them. It's been that way my entire life. Growing up in Mobile, it was all you could do to avoid it. And since Satan went to Tuscaloosa, forget getting unbiased news. The Mobile Press Register puts Alabama football on the FRONT PAGE. Um, what about all the other news, actual news. Put sports on the sports page. Even there, it's mostly about them.

What the sports media is missing is the bigger story here. Auburn Football. They fire their very good coach, bring in some unknown from somewhere that's not SEC, (scandalous!) with a baaad losing record, don't properly interview all candidates, and yet, what should be a ugly nasty mess on the Plains, is a success story. Auburn is 5-0 also. Tied for 1st in the SEC West. Coach Chizik has his players believing in him, his plan, and most importantly, in themselves. The story is that no one expected this. Go away Alabama, shut your pie hole. And all you that continue to hype them, it's getting old. Everyone expects them to be good, and they are. But, it's not a big deal anymore. Move on.

Ok, that was a lot of soap-boxing. Apologies. To all my Alabama friends, we can still be friends. I expect lots of comments. Bring it.

No comments:

Post a Comment