Monday, October 19, 2009

On my mind

Something has been on my mind for the past week. Ever since becoming a mother, I view children differently. Not that I had a negative view, or even an overwhelmingly positive view for that matter, of children. It's like, suddenly, you have motherly feelings for all children. OK, not ALL children...but mostly. And, because I am a mother, I have a different view of most things now. Whereas before, illness came and went without a thought. Now, it's completely different. And I don't mean when I get sick. I mean, when a child gets sick.

I was so torn up and my heart hurt last week when Emilee was sick. There wasn't much of anything I could do to help her. She is too young for any medications, so we got to try saline nose drops and a humidifer to try to beat a cold. She was so miserable and so sad. She would look at me with those eyes pleading to make it better, and I couldn't. I know you parents know exactly of what I speak.

And Emilee only had a cold.

What about those pumpkins that have cancer, MS, Muscular Dystrophy, lymphoma, and other illnesses? My heart breaks for them. Childhood illnesses are so cruel. I know in my lifetime, there will continue to be all these illnesses, and probably through Emilee's lifetime. Will there be cures found?

If I win the lottery, I will give it to research these awful things.

ugh, a depressing post. my apologies. On a positive note, Em is feeling a 1000 percent better.

No comments:

Post a Comment